1 . That would be a very ____( reason ) thing to do in a big city, but it could destroy a small village like ours.
2. This proverb is saying we have to let things go in their ____ (nature) course.
3. The weather indicted that it was going to be ________(sun ).
4. Just be _______ ( patience) .
5. For some reason he sat beside Mary. Mary felt _____ (please), because there were many empty seats in the room
6 .Finally, that hard work paid off and now the water in the river is _____ (clean)than ever.
7. But such a small thing couldn’t (possible ) destroy a village.”
8. He must be______ (mental) disabled.
9. His teacher took a deep drink, smiled _____ ( warm ), and thanked his student very much for the sweet water.
10. We drank together and talked____ (merry) till far into the night.
11. ___(actual) I believed I would work for a few years, get (marry), stay home and raise a family
12. The river was so polluted that it ______ (actual) caught fire and burned.
13.. ____(fortunate),he fell off the ladder and broke his leg.
14. Then the daughter made a suggestion：” Would it be _____(good) to invite Love?Our home will then be filled with love!
15. After the children left she cried for at ____( little) an hour.
16. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as ____(die).
17. Instead he jumped even ____(hard) and finally made it
18. After 10 hours of labor, he returned to find his bike ___(go), which was our only transport.
19. Two hours ___(late) my friend phoned me from the house.
20.“What are you busy with yourself, Mother?” ___(curious), a girl of less than six years old asked her mother
1-5 reasonable; natural; sunny; patient; pleased
6-10 cleaner; possibly; mentally; warmly; merrily;
11-15 Actually, married; actually; Unfortunately; better; least
16-20 dead; harder; gone; later;curiously